Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Nickel Roll Hunting part 1 (w / video & pictures)

I've started to really enjoy documenting the process of coin roll hunting.  I think it has a lot to do with the new camera I was recently given.  Now that I can take HD video I might as well use it while coin roll hunting.
Below is the first attempt to film Nickel Roll Hunting in action.  
I sorted 2 boxes ($200) and it took me 96 minutes.


Here are some pictures of the coins I found in this sorting batch.  I want to apologize if the pictures aren't what you're used to.  The camera doesn't have the best macro setting and I'm still working on perfecting it.  That being said.  I hope you enjoy them.  I found some really old Canadian nickels this time around.  The 1931 was a first for me while roll hunting.

Leave a comment if you like!!  Happy Roll Hunting 8^D

 ~JobIII


 






















2 comments:

  1. I appreciated these videos and the details on what you found bud. Do you still nickel and 50 cent hunt for silver coins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. It's fun to show off what you find. I would have done more, but I've lost the ability to order half dollars from the banks I have. So right now I'm kind of in limbo.

      I should at least have new photos coming soon. I have held off from adding new photos until i received a macro lens that was on back-order.

      Happy hunting if you do coin roll hunt!
      ~JobIII

      Delete